FLY THE L39 ALBATROS JET FIGHTER IN LATVIA
Experience a jet fighter ride in the L39 Albatros with one of the pilot of the aerobatic jet team the Baltic Bees. This jet fighter flight is done in Riga, Latvia, when the team is not flying, and is designed to let you experience what it feels like to do aerobatics in a jet fighter. The Baltic Bees Jet Team is one of the best jet teams in Europe and your pilot will go through various figures done during displays. This is your chance to feel the Gs and live a unique experience: a jet fighter ride.
The L39 Albatros jet fighter ride in Latvia
- You will be greeted at Tukums airbase, one hour away from Riga.
- Presentation of the airbase and the Baltic Bees Jet Team
- Medical exam
- Meeting with your pilot: brief about the flight plan, maneuvers, instruments, communication, security on board
- Transfer to the tarmac
- Pre-flight inspection of the plane with your pilot. Then you get strapped in the cockpit. Recap about the instruments, radio controls and security.
- Engines on…
- Your flight lasts 15/20mn. Your flight is designed to let you experience what it feels to fly on display. You will do various maneuvers that are typical of aerial displays, such as sharp turns, barrels, loops and many others. You will experience G force. Your pilot will fly according to your G tolerance so that your jet fighter ride remains a great experience.
- Debriefing with the pilot.
- You will be given a certificate at the end of the day testifying that you have flown in the L39 Albatros
- Your flight is filmed from the cockpit.
Your fighter pilots
The pilots of the Baltic Bees Jet Team are amongst the best in the world. This one of the rarest civilian display teams flying on jets. They fly the L39 Albatros jet fighter and are regularly invited at air shows in Europe to demonstrate their talent and flying skills. The pilots are also very keen to share their experience and always welcomevery well people who come to fly with them.
Your fighter jet: The L39 Albatros
Length: 12.13 m (39 ft 9½ in)
Wingspan: 9.46 m (31 ft 0½ in)
Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 7¾ in)
Wing area: 18.8 m² (202 ft²)
Airfoil: NACA 64A012 mod
Empty weight: 3,455 kg (7,617 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 4,700 kg (10,362 lb)
Powerplant: 1× Ivchenko AI-25TL turbofan, 16.87 kN (3,792 lbf)
Never exceed speed: Mach 0.80 (609 mph, 980 km/h)
Maximum speed: 750 km/h (405 knots, 466 mph) at 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
Range: 1,100 km (593 nmi, 683 mi) (internal fuel)
1,750 km, (944 nmi, 1,087 mi) (internal and external fuel)
Service ceiling: 11,000 m (36,100 ft)
Rate of climb: 13.5 m/s (4,130 ft/min)
Wing loading: 250.0 kg/m² (51.3 lb/ft²)
Climb to 5,000 m (16,400 ft): 5 min
2 hr 30 min (internal fuel)
3 hr 50 min (internal and external fuel)
Take-off roll: 530 m (1,740 ft)
Landing roll: 650 m (2,140 ft)
Conditions and restrictions:
You must not have known heart problems
You must not have neurological problems
You will be required to bring a medical certificate with you
The fighter jet ride takes place in favourable weather conditions.
Price of the fighter jet experience
1800 euros for 15/20mn. See our booking page for additional information on prices.
Book your seat
Either book your L39 Albatros jet ride in Latvia online via Tematis, or contact us to get our banking details. We advise you to contact us for availability before booking.