Fly Jet Provost fighter jet in the UK
Fly the BAC Jet Provost in the UK. This trainer plane was in use by the Royal Air Force from the 50s to 1993 and still used by private companies to train pilots at flying fighter jets. Going to Mach 0.7, the Jet Provost has been a successful jet trainer and has served more than 10 air forces around the world. Its twin seating makes it a convivial plane. It is also easy to fly and agile, and very impressive at low altitude. There are still many Jet Provost flying in private hands, and this your opportunity to get in the hot seat.
The BAC Jet Provost fighter jet ride in the UK
- Arrive at the airport. You are greeted by the team who will look after you for the day.
- Meet your pilot
- Technical briefing, flight dynamics, instruments, flying techniques
- Security briefing, ejection seat procedure and emergency procedure
- Flight plan: discuss with the pilot what you would like your flight to be like: smooth, aerobatics, air combat… In all cases, he will fly according to your G tolerance and make sure the fighter jet ride is a truly enjoyable experience.
- Get suited up and strapped on the plane
- Instruments briefing in the cockpit, radio controls
- Engines on… take off… enjoy the ride. When level, your pilot will let you take the control of the plane.
- After landing, you will have the time to take pictures and chat with your pilot and the team.
- Your full experience is filmed
- Take-off from Kemble.
Your fighter pilots
Pilots at Kemble are very skilled and experienced. They are used to train people to fly on civilian and military fighter jets such as the Hawker Hunter. They are passionate about sharing their love of flight and have patience in teaching. Meet ex RAF pilots and share their extraordinary experience for a day.
Your fighter jet: BAC Jet Provost
Length: 34 ft 0 in (10.36 m)
Wingspan: 35 ft 4 in (10.77 m)
Height: 10 ft 2 in (3.10 m)
Wing area: 213.7 ft² (19.80 m²)
Empty weight: 4,888 lb  (2,222 kg)
Loaded weight: 6,989 lb (3,170 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 9,200 lb (4,173 kg)
Powerplant: 1× Armstrong Siddeley Viper Mk-202 turbojet, 2,500 lbf (11.1 kN)
Maximum speed: 440 mph (382 knots, 708 km/h) at 25,000 ft (7,620 m)
Range: 900 mi  (780 NM, 1,450 km)
Service ceiling: 36,750 ft (11,200 m)
Rate of climb: 4,000 ft/min (20.3 m/s)
Wing loading: 32.7 lb/ft² (160 kg/m²)
Conditions and restrictions:
You must not have known heart problems
You must not have neurological problems
The fighter jet ride takes place in favourable weather conditions.
Price of the fighter jet experience
Price starts at 3620 euros for 40/45mn. See our booking page for additional information on prices.
Book your seat
Either book your BAC Jet Provost jet ride in the UK online via Tematis, or contact us to get our banking details. We advise you to contact us for availability before booking.