Fly the Hawker Hunter fighter jet in Switzerland
Fly the Hawker Hunter Trainer in Switzerland. More than 2700 hours have been necessary to restore this beautiful fighter jet and each flight takes 40 hours to prepare. Flying the Hunter is not just flying a fighter jet, it is also living the extraordinary experience of flying in the Swiss Alps, playing the mountains and ridges and seeing what the fighter plane can deliver. You can check with your fighter pilot what sort of flight you would like, aerobatics, scenic… simply enjoy the ride. Flights are done from Payerne near Lake Neuchatel.
The Hawker Hunter fighter jet ride in Switzerland
- You will be greeted by the person in charge of your flight and experience.
- Security briefing in and around the airport, the hangers and near the planes
- You are given security badges to circulate around
- You will then meet your mechanics and you fighter pilot
- Then you get suited up with G suit, oxygen mask… and learn to make it work.
- Flight plan with your pilot: discuss with your pilot about what you would like to experience, from aerobatics to scenics… the pilot will fly according to your G tolerance and will try to make your flight the best experience you have ever had.
- Get in the cockpit. The pilot will brief you on the instruments, ejection procedure, radio controls.
- When all is ready, engines are turned on and you taxi to take off.
- After the flight, you will have the opportunity to debrief with your pilot and take many pictures to immortalize your day.
- Your fighter pilots
Pilots at Payerne have tremendous experience, including on the Hawker Hunter. They are retired from the Swiss Airforce and have logged many hours on this fighter plane who was in service with the Swiss Air Force. Your pilots will do their best to make your day and share their passion and experience with you.
Your fighter jet: Hawker Hunter
Length: 45 ft 11 in (14.00 m)
Wingspan: 33 ft 8 in (10.26 m)
Height: 13 ft 2 in (4.01 m)
Wing area: 349 ft² (32.42 m²)
Empty weight: 14,122 lb (6,405 kg)
Loaded weight: 17,750 lb (8,050 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 24,600 lb (11,158 kg)
Powerplant: 1× Rolls-Royce Avon 207 turbojet, 10,145 lbf (45.13 kN)
Maximum speed: Mach 0.94, 620 kn (715 mph, 1,150 km/h) at sea level
Combat range: 385 nmi (445 mi, 715 km)
Ferry range: 1,650 nmi (1,900 mi, 3,060 km) with external fuel
Service ceiling: 50,000 ft (15,240 m)
Rate of climb: 17,200 ft/min (87.4 m/s)
Wing loading: 51.6 lb/ft² (251.9 kg/m²)
Conditions and restrictions:
- You must not have known heart problems
- You must not have neurological problems
- You will be required to bring a medical certificate with you
- The fighter jet ride takes place in favourable weather conditions.
- There are very few dates available (from May to September) so it is advisable to book in advance.
Price of the fighter jet experience
Price starts at 4,700 euros for 25mn to 30mn. See our booking page for additional information on prices.
Book your seat
Either book your Hawker Hunter jet ride in Switzerland online via Tematis, or contact us to get our banking details. We advise you to contact us for availability before booking.There are very few dates available (from May to September) so it is advisable to book in advance.