Fly the L39 Albatros fighter jet in Bordeaux – France
From time to time, we may relocate an L-39 in Bordeaux, according to timings, seasons and opportunities. We fly the L39 Albatros fighter jet in Bordeaux. It is probably one of the most scenic fighter jet experience you can find… taking off from Bordeaux International Airport, then on to the Dune of Pyla, the highest dune in Europe, over the Arcachon basin and the vineyards of Medoc. The L39 Albatros is a smooth fighter jet, designed as a trainer that allows tight maneuvers at speed. Our pilots are mostly active in the French air force and enjoy sharing their passion and their world with their passengers. To fly the L39 Albatros is quite an experience. You will be surprised by its reduced noise compared to other military jets, but the performances are there. Suited up in your G suit, you will experience up to 7Gs during aerobatics. See if you have the right stuff!
The L39 Albatros fighter jet ride in France
- You will be greeted at the airport by our team and will meet your pilot in the morning
- You will be briefed on the plane, safety on board, and your flight plan
- You will be suited up and explained how to work your helmet, visor and communications
- Then you get in the plane. Your pilot will explain the instruments so that you can see what is happening in the plane. You will also be briefed on the emergency ejection procedures.
- Then we all go for lunch. This is a privileged time to share our experience and stories.
- After lunch, you get on the plane and it’s go.
- Your fighter jet experience will usually consists of three phases: the first period will be for the pilot to do smooth maneuvers to see how you cope and handle the experience. Then there will be a mix of low level and scenic flying before doing some aerobatics.
- You are in constant communication with the pilot and can let him know how you feel. You can instruct him to push or instead stay cool. In all cases, your pilot will fly according to your G tolerance with the objective of making this fighter jet experience the best moment of your life.
- After landing, there will be a debrief and a little ceremony as you will be now, part of the circles of those who have flown in a fighter jet.
Your fighter pilots
Our team in Bordeaux is made of some of the best active pilots in the Air Force. Others have just recently retired. They have tremendous experience, including in various combat zones where they have been operating. Our pilots are friendly and more than anything want to share their own experiences with you so you feel like a fighter pilot. They will fly according to your G tolerance.
Your fighter jet: the L39 Albatros
Length: 12.13 m (39 ft 9½ in)
Wingspan: 9.46 m (31 ft 0½ in)
Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 7¾ in)
Wing area: 18.8 m² (202 ft²)
Airfoil: NACA 64A012 mod
Empty weight: 3,455 kg (7,617 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 4,700 kg (10,362 lb)
Powerplant: 1× Ivchenko AI-25TL turbofan, 16.87 kN (3,792 lbf)
Never exceed speed: Mach 0.80 (609 mph, 980 km/h)
Maximum speed: 750 km/h (405 knots, 466 mph) at 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
Range: 1,100 km (593 nmi, 683 mi) (internal fuel)
1,750 km, (944 nmi, 1,087 mi) (internal and external fuel)
Service ceiling: 11,000 m (36,100 ft)
Rate of climb: 13.5 m/s (4,130 ft/min)
Wing loading: 250.0 kg/m² (51.3 lb/ft²)
Climb to 5,000 m (16,400 ft): 5 min
2 hr 30 min (internal fuel)
3 hr 50 min (internal and external fuel)
Take-off roll: 530 m (1,740 ft)
Landing roll: 650 m (2,140 ft)
Conditions and restrictions:
You must not have known heart problems
You must not have neurological problems
You will be required to bring a medical certificate with you, to give us at least one week before your flight.
The fighter jet ride takes place in favourable weather conditions. A confirmation of weather conditions is done 1 week before the flight.
Book your L-39 flight in Bordeaux
Check out the “Book Flight” page for all the prices and options.